Features and functions
Hydroxy propyl methy cellulose
Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose has the characteristics of thickening, salt drainage, PH stability, water retention, dimensional stability, excellent film forming, and extensive enzyme resistance, dispersion and adhesion.
● Solubility: soluble in water and some solvents, such as appropriate proportion of ethanol/water, propanol/water, etc. Aqueous solution has surface activity. High transparency, stable performance, different specifications of product gel temperature is different, solubility with viscosity changes, the lower the viscosity, the greater the solubility, different specifications of HPMC performance has some differences, HPMC in the water is not affected by pH value.
● Thickening: HPMC has thickening ability, low ash powder with salt resistance, pH stability, water retention, dimensional stability, excellent film-forming property, as well as extensive enzyme resistance, dispersion and adhesion.
● Salt resistance: as this product is non-ionic and non-polyelectrolyte, it is stable in aqueous solution of metal salt or organic electrolyte.
● Water retention: as this product is hydrophilic, its aqueous solution is high viscosity.It is added to mortar, gypsum, paint, etc., in the product to maintain the role of high water retention.Water retention is above 90%.
● HPMC decreased with the decrease of methoxy group content, increase of gel point, decrease of water solubility and decrease of surface activity.
As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer, has a good solubility in water or organic solution, can be used as paint remover.
Widely used as an adhesive in ceramic manufacturing.
As cement mortar water retention agent, retarder mortar with pumping.Apply mortar, plaster, putty powder, or other building materials as a binder to improve smearing and extend operating time.Be used as pasting ceramic tile, marble, plastic adornment, pasting intensifier, still can reduce cement dosage.HPMC water retention performance so that the paste in the daub will not dry too fast and crack, enhance the strength after hardening.
Follow us on:
Founded in 2003, LVJIAN is a company that researches, develops and produces high quality natural organic fibers. With the mission of "create value-added products that are conducive to social development, economical and environmentally friendly",View More+
LVJIAN has developed the "green" function of plant materials with advanced fiber technology and applied it to construction chemicals, road construction, organic filter aid, animal nutrition, pet litter and other industries.